2019 is a brand new year for travel inspiration, and your clients are looking to you for help! Take a look at these 10 global experiences that your clients are sure to love!
1. Kimono Tea Ceremony – Osaka, JapanThis tea ceremony is perfect for clients who are looking for an authentic Japanese cultural experience. During this tea ceremony, your clients will sample traditional Japanese sweets and enjoy premium green tea while learning about local culture.
“I would highly recommend this tea ceremony experience. Maiyumi was an excellent tea master! She was very knowledgeable and experienced and carried out the rituals of the tea ceremony with practised grace and ease. I loved choosing my kimono. It was absolutely stunning and I felt very privileged to have the chance to wear one. The decoration in the tea room is beautiful, too. The staff here are gracious and welcoming. I have already recommended this to several friends planning trips to Japan.”
2. Machu Picchu Day Trip – Cusco, PeruThis relaxed, non-strenuous hike of Machu Picchu is a great option for first-time visitors, families, and solo travelers alike. As an added bonus: all entrance fees, train and bus tickets, and hotel transportation are included in the price of the tour, making it a great time saving opportunity.
“The tour was very well organized. The train rides were incredible. We took the Executive Class option and it was incredibly comfortable, stunning views, impeccable service, great food complimentary breakfast, and complimentary dinner on the way back, good entertainment – everything was wonderful: Entry into Machu Picchu was smooth too. The guide was good and knowledgeable and took us all around the ruins. The group was not too big so it was quite personalized. The views are incredible and almost surreal.”
3. Best of Niagara Falls Tour – Niagara Falls, ON, CanadaAs one of Canada’s most iconic experiences, Niagara Falls has nearly 30 million visitors every year. This tour is perfect for clients who want an enriched sightseeing experience including visits to Skylon Tower and the Journey Behind the Falls excursion with added seasonal-dependent features.
“Absolutely loved the Niagara Falls Tour….the falls are amazing and this tour provided great views from all different levels – up above in the Skylon Tower, under the falls in the underground tour and then from the boat. Wonderful time. Our tour guide as great – enjoyed everything about it!”
4. Small-Group Aurora Hunt Northern Lights Tour – Tromso, NorwayOn this spirited trip, your clients will ‘chase down’ the Aurora Borealis, traversing the nearby countryside and even into Finland to find the perfect view. With guides advising participants on how to best capture the spectacular sights, this tour is especially great for clients looking to get top notch photos of their luminescent experience.
“This was the absolute highlight of the trip. Pablo was our guide and he visited several locations which were too overcast before we came to a frozen beach beside a lake. All necessary clothing was provided and you definitely need to be wrapped up. The sky was so clear you could see stars everywhere. We had a wonderful soup, then some biscuits and hot chocolate and then after waiting for a few hours the so-called tricky lady appeared in all her glory. Photographs can’t do it justice, when the curtain of light falls in strips and then dances in front of you then the camera lens fails totally to capture the extraordinary beauty – you have to see them for yourself. If you absolutely must have to see them as part of your holiday then this is an ideal trip to book.”
5. Private Tour: Gondola Ride with Serenade – Venice, ItalyFor clients looking for an experience right out of the movies, look no further than this quintessential Venetian experience with a private, serenaded gondola ride through the beautiful canals of Venice.
“I can’t put into words how good this ride was. My wife and I were simply expecting the gondolier to be singing while traveling the canals. To our very pleasant surprise, we boarded the gondola with an accordion player and soprano. When she began to sing, we were simply in awe. Our private show was enjoyed by the many people walking the bridges of Venice, as well…but we felt as if this was our own private concert. An experience that will last in our memories forever!”
6. Uluru Camel Express, Sunrise, or Sunset Tours – Ayers Rock, AustraliaThis experience is the best choice for animal lovers who love a good sunset (or sunrise). On this experience clients enjoy a camel tour against the incredible backdrop of Ayers Rock (Uluru) and Kata Tjuta and watch the changing colors of Uluru at dawn or dusk with the guidance of an expert cameleer who shares knowledge of the desert’s wildlife and ecology along the way.
“I didn’t know much about the camels of Australia until I did the Uluru Camel Express tour. It was a blast, educational and fun. The beauty of the desert and Ayers Rock at sunset is awesome, and because their professional photographer takes pictures of your journey it makes for a fantastic souvenir. Bonus was the free local beer at the end of the tour.”
7. Golden Circle, Kerid Volcanic Crater, and Blue Lagoon Day Trip – Reykjavik, IcelandClients on this experience get the most from a day in Iceland on an 11-hour tour from Reykjavik that covers the Golden Circle, Kerid crater, and Blue Lagoon. As this trip goes beyond the usual Golden Circle route this tour is perfect for clients who want a deeper Icelantic experience.
“Great tour! This small group tour was the perfect way to see some of Iceland’s top highlights efficiently over one day. Nice that this tour also included the Kerid crater where others did not. Blue Lagoon experience is also not to be missed! Tour guide was very knowledgeable and provided many interesting facts and history over the course of the day. Highly recommend!”
“If you’re looking for a great experience seeing the Giza Pyramids, Sphinx, Memphis, and Saqqara, this is the tour you want to book. There was no hassle with coordinating our pickup, our guide was early, the van and driver were great, and we had a great time. Our guide Ali deserves an extra star with how well he took care of us. He was very knowledgeable, and made sure we had a great time by taking care of coordinating the camel ride and trip inside the great pyramid, giving us some inside tips, and making sure we knew that this was a no stress and no pressure day. We really appreciated having him as our guide!”
9. Great Wall of China at Badaling and Ming Tombs Day Trip – Beijing, ChinaOn this tour clients will visit one of the best-preserved parts of the Great Wall accompanied by a guide and explore the Chang Ling Tomb, a magnificent Ming emperor burial site. As a special bonus, an authentic Chinese lunch and round-trip transportation from your Beijing hotel is included.
“Our day tour with Viator to the Great Wall of China and the Ming Tombs was excellent. Well worth doing and something we would totally recommend. Our guide was probably the best guide we had in the whole time we travelled the Far East. He was so knowledgeable, great fun, and made the day a unique experience.”
10. Jungfraujoch: Top of Europe Day Trip – Zurich, SwitzerlandFor those who aren’t afraid to bundle up, consider this day trip from Zurich to the spectacular Swiss Alps. After a scenic coach journey through the Bernese Oberland, ride up to Europe’s highest railway station, located 11,333 feet (3,454 meters) above sea level. From the Sphinx Observatory, clients have the opportunity to look out over Aletsch Glacier and the snow-capped Alpine peaks toward France and Italy.
“I’ve taken the Jungfraujoch trip a total of 3 times and every time was absolutely amazing. I definitely would recommend this to anyone who wants an extraordinary experience. We were lucky on the last trip to have a clear day and really amazing views. I don’t think it matters whether you go in winter or summer I’ve done both, it’s still a wonderful way to get a sense of the vastness of our world! And a shout out to the organizational aspects and the tour guides…you are all exceptional!”
Why Should Your Customers Wait? Suggest Skip the Line at These 10 Iconic Attractions
The world’s most iconic sights are once-in-a-lifetime experiences for absolutely everyone – which means you and your customers can also count on absolutely everyone being there.
Tips for Seeing Top Landmarks Around the World
When your clients are visiting these top Travelers’ Choice winning-landmarks, they’ll want to know how to make the most of their trip. Here is what you can tell them.