Film has the Oscars and music has the Grammys. In the travel industry, it’s the Travelers Choice Awards. Representing the top 1% of listings on TripAdvisor, the Travelers’ Choice awards identify and rank the very best travel businesses across several categories and destinations.
Historically, the Travelers’ Choice Awards have identified the best destinations, hotels, airlines, beaches, landmarks, attractions, and the like. This year, to recognize the crème de la crème of in-destination experiences, TripAdvisor announced its first-ever Travelers’ Choice awards for Experiences! After all, what you do when visiting a destination has a tremendous impact on how much you enjoy your trip. The new annual Travelers’ Choice awards shine a spotlight on the experiences that consistently succeed at wowing travelers.
*Pro-tip: if you’re browsing TripAdvisor experiences, look for the product code on the right-hand side under the “related experiences” section. Copy that and paste into the Viator Travel Agent Platform and you can earn commission when you book.
How TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Award Winners are Chosen
Competition for a Travelers’ Choice award is fierce. After all, TripAdvisor is the world’s largest provider of bookable experiences, with more than 100,000 activities, tours and attractions worldwide, all of which are commissionable on the Viator Travel Agent Platform. Winners represent just a tiny fraction of the total number of bookable experiences.
Travelers’ Choice award winners are determined based on an algorithm that assesses millions of reviews, opinions, and bookings from TripAdvisor travelers, and considers each business’s popularity over the last year.
The Travelers’ Choice awards will be presented annually in late June, honoring elite businesses that consistently earn raves. To qualify, a business must:
- Be bookable on TripAdvisor
- Maintain an overall TripAdvisor rating of five out of five. Remember, this award is reserved for an elite few
- Be listed on TripAdvisor for at least 12 months. These awards assess popularity with travelers over a 12-month period
Top 25 Experiences in the World
Make sure you’re booking the best products for your clients by checking out the experiences listed below. We’ve made sure to link these all to the Travel Agent Platform so you won’t miss out on commission!
- Cooking Class and Lunch at a Tuscan Farmhouse with Local Market Tour from Florence
- Berlin Bike Tour
- New York in One Day Guided Sightseeing Tour
- Sydney BridgeClimb
- Vatican VIP Experience: Exclusive Breakfast at the Vatican with Early Access to Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel
- New Orleans Cooking Class
- Rotorua Maori Hangi Dinner and Performance
- Best of Niagara Falls Tour from Niagara Falls, Ontario
- Vancouver to Victoria and Butchart Gardens Tour by Bus
- Wild Wicklow Tour including Glendalough from Dublin
- Barcelona Half-Day Bike Tour
- Jungfraujoch: Top of Europe Day Trip from Zurich
- Day Trip to Auschwitz-Birkenau and Wieliczka Salt Mine from Krakow including Lunch
- Great Ocean Road Small-Group Ecotour from Melbourne
- Sintra and Cascais Small-Group Day Trip from Lisbon
- Tokyo Sumo Wrestling Tournament
- Inner Circle Access of Stonehenge including Bath and Lacock Day Tour from London
- Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site Tour from Munich by Train
- Viator Exclusive: Game of Thrones Walking Tour of Dubrovnik
- Amsterdam Evening Canal Cruise with 4-Course Dinner and Drinks
- Loch Ness, Glencoe, and the Highlands Small-Group Day Trip from Glasgow
- Skip the Line: Catacombs of Paris Small-Group Walking Tour
- Golden Circle Classic Day Trip from Reykjavik
- Lantau Island and Giant Buddha Day Trip from Hong Kong
- The Original Sound of Music Tour in Salzburg
Looking for more inspiration? TripAdvisor offers Traveler’s Choice rankings for all categories: Museums, restaurants, attractions, beaches, destinations, hotels, airlines, and more! See what travelers are looking at and recommend top choices to your clients. Happy booking!