In the evolving landscape of travel, more and more travelers are opting for cruise adventures, and 2024 is expected to be a big year for the cruise industry. According to the Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), about 35.7 million passengers are expected to cruise in 2024, up from 31.5 million in 2023—a 6% increase compared to the number of passengers in 2019.
And, as per the CLIA, younger cruise travelers, spanning Gen Z to Millennials to Gen X, turn to travel advisors to book their cruises 50% more than Traditionalists and Baby Boomers. That means it’s your time to shine! Capitalize on this growing market and elevate your clients’ cruise experience with Viator’s expansive collection of shore excursions and activities. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process of finding, booking, promoting, and ensuring smooth trips for your clients.
1. Finding the perfect shore excursions on travelagents.viator.com:
Navigating Viator’s platform is a breeze when it comes to discovering the best cruise activities for your clients. Follow these simple steps:
1. Navigate to travelagents.viator.com.
2. Search “(your destination) Shore Excursions” and click the page that appears below the search bar.
- Or, if you’ve already searched by location, you can filter by category by clicking: Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises, then Cruises & Sailing, and Shore Excursions.
2. Booking shore excursions:
Booking shore excursions is just as easy as booking any other experience with the Viator Travel Agent Program. Make sure you’re using the Duration and Time of Day filters on travelagents.viator.com when booking or sharing experiences to make sure the tours or activities fit your clients’ cruise schedules.
There are two ways to book:
- “Share with Client” Links: Provide your clients with the option to book on their own, either in advance or in-destination, using your “share with client” link. Your client will be able to make and manage the booking on their own, while you earn commission.
- Book on travelagents.viator.com: Simplify the process for your clients by booking on their behalf on travelagents.viator.com. This allows you to handle both the booking and communication with the tour operator, ensuring a seamless experience for your clients.
3. Promoting shore excursions:
Whether you’re a seasoned expert in coordinating shore excursions for clients or just starting out, integrating these experiences into your clients’ cruise schedules or sharing them with clients who have booked cruises on their own is an easy way to earn some extra cash.
- Customized Packages: Create custom packages for your clients by combining shore excursions with cruise bookings for an all-inclusive and tailored experience. You can either do this upfront or offer a customized package after the client has booked the cruise to help them explore the full range of possibilities.
- Social Media: Leverage your social media platforms to showcase top-booked shore excursions and engage with potential clients.
- Client Testimonials: Showcase positive testimonials and reviews from clients who have enjoyed your recommended shore excursions. Authentic feedback builds trust and encourages potential clients to explore these experiences!
4. Ensuring smooth trips for your clients:
Contact Supplier Early: As soon as you’ve booked an excursion, establish communication with the respective suppliers. Introduce yourself, share the booking details, and confirm the arrangements. Early contact sets the stage for a smooth excursion. Not sure how to contact the supplier? Learn more.
Confirm Details and Requirements: Make sure you have comprehensive details from the suppliers, including meeting points, departure times, and any specific requirements. Share this information with your clients, ensuring they are well-prepared for their excursion.
Share Supplier Contact Information: Ensure your clients have the direct contact information for the excursion supplier. This establishes a direct line of communication in case they encounter any issues or need last-minute assistance, such as a late arrival to the port or bad weather.
Coordinate Pick-Up and Drop-Off Times: Align excursion timings with the cruise schedule to guarantee that clients return to the ship on time. Coordinate with suppliers to adjust schedules if necessary, minimizing the risk of any delays.
Detailed Itinerary with Specific Instructions: Provide your clients with a detailed itinerary that includes:
- Meeting point details and a map if applicable.
- Clear instructions on how to identify the excursion group or guide.
- Emergency contact numbers for both the supplier and your agency.
- A reminder of the importance of returning to the ship on time.
Remind Clients of the Cruise Schedule: Emphasize the importance of adhering to the cruise schedule. Include information about the ship’s departure time and any pre-boarding procedures to prevent any last-minute rushes.
Viator’s 24/7 Customer Service: Rest easy knowing Viator provides round-the-clock customer service, ensuring a quick resolution if anything goes wrong during your clients’ shore excursions.
By proactively communicating with excursion suppliers and providing clients with detailed information, you not only enhance the overall experience but also solidify your reputation as a reliable and customer-focused travel agent. This level of attention to detail ensures that your clients’ shore excursions are enjoyable and stress-free.
What are you waiting for? Start exploring Viator shore excursions today.