Making a Booking
In this guide, we’ll go through where and how to make bookings on Viator’s Travel Agent Program. We also go through how to edit/cancel bookings and how to report on your expected commission payouts.
Step 1: Log in and search for products
Log in at https://travelagents.viator.com/ to search for and book products. There are a variety of ways you can find products, such as using the search bar at the top or the quick links throughout the page. When searching, you can either search for a destination (e.g. Paris) or a specific attraction (e.g. the Eiffel Tower).
Note: any bookings made on viator.com won’t be tied to your account and therefore you won’t receive commission, so ensure you’re always logged in at travelagents.viator.com before booking.
Step 2: Filter through your search results
- The left column provides filters that allow you to search by operator name, dates, prices, duration, rating and more. The “Specials” section features filters for: free cancellation, likely to sell out, Skip-The-Line, private tour, Viator exclusive & New to Viator.
- Quick-access product categories are found on the top middle rail.
- The Sort by option is located right above the search results and lets you choose to sort products by Featured, Price (Low to High), Duration (Short to Long), New to Viator, etc.
Step 3: Review product details and add to your cart
Once you choose a product, each product display page will show you the necessary details for the chosen experience, such as:
- Tour operator
- Price and availability
- Activity details
- Departure and return logistics
- User reviews
- Traveler photos
- Inclusions / Exclusions
- Cancellation Policy
- Other important details
Step 4: Select your variation of product & add to your cart
Many products have different start times and optional additions depending on the date and number of travelers. If you are booking on behalf of a group that exceeds the maximum amount for that tour, please contact our customer support team to assist you with booking.
Step 5: Finalize the itinerary
Ready to check out? Make sure to do these 3 things first:
- Review all products, crucial details, costs and commission
- Enter client information for each activity on the itinerary
- Add any additional notes for the supplier with pertinent client requirements
Step 6: Confirm the booking
Fill out all traveler information and payment details. If you’re logged in, your information will be pre-filled. Otherwise, you will have to fill it in. If the chosen product is eligible for Reserve Now & Pay Later, you will have the option to select whether you want to complete the payment in full or choose to reserve the product with no payment needed and complete payment by the date listed.
Once you confirm your booking, you’ll receive an email confirmation.
Commission is calculated from the Gross Booking Value and is paid out the month following the completion of the booked activity. For example:
- You book a tour for your client in September 2023 for a date in October 2023
- Your client attends the tour in October 2023
- Your commission for that tour will be disbursed to your agency in November 2023
So what’s next?
I need to edit or cancel my booking
You can easily ammend or cancel any booking through our self-service tool located in the “Bookings” section of your account. For more details, see this how-to guide.
I want to change my language
To change the language in which you are making bookings, scroll down to the bottom of most pages to the footer. There you can choose the language, as well as the currency.