Making a Booking on TAP
In this guide, we’ll go through where and how to make bookings on Viator’s Travel Agent Program. We also go through how to edit/cancel bookings and how to report on your expected commission payouts.
Step 1: Log in and search for products
Log in at https://travelagents.viator.com/ to search for and book products. There are a variety of ways you can find products, such as using the search bar at the top or the quick links throughout the page. When searching, you can either search for a destination (e.g. Paris) or a specific attraction (e.g. the Eiffel Tower).
Note: any bookings made on viator.com won’t be tied to your account and therefore you won’t receive commission
Step 2: Sift through your search results
- On the left column a category breakdown is provided
- The middle rail provides filters that consist of: dates, prices, duration, rating and more. The more tab features filters for: free cancellation, likely to sell out, Skip-The-Line, private tour, Viator exclusive and New to Viator.
- The Sort by option is located right above the search results and lets you choose how to sort products. For example: Featured, Price (Low to High), Duration (Short to Long), New to Viator, etc
Step 3: Review product details and add to your cart
It is important to call special attention to these tabs to ensure that your client has all the necessary information to have the best experience possible!
Once you pick a product, each individual product display page contains:
- Price and availability
- Activity details *
- Departure and return logistics *
- User reviews
- Traveler photos
- Inclusions / Exclusions *
- Cancellation Policy *
- Other important details *
When you’ve found the perfect product, add it to your cart
Step 4: Select your variation of product & add to your cart
Many products have different start times and optional additions depending on the date and number of travelers. If your booking on behalf of a group that exceeds the supplier maximum you can submit a special request with our Group Services team.
It is important to peruse all options to find the best choice for your client!
Step 5: Finalize the itinerary
Ready to check out? Make sure to do these 3 things first:
- Review all products, crucial details, costs and commission
- Enter traveler information for each activity on the itinerary
- Add additional notes for the supplier with pertinent client requirements
Step 6: Confirm the booking
Fill out all traveler information and payment details.
If you’re logged in, you information will be pre-filled. Otherwise, you will have to fill in your information.
Once you confirm your booking, you’ll receive an email confirmation.
Commission is calculated from the Gross Booking Value and is paid out the month following the completion of the booked activity. For example:
- You book a tour for your client in September 2020 for a date in October 2020
- The traveler attends the tour in October 2020
- Your commission for that tour will be disbursed to your agency in November 2020
So what’s next?
I need to edit or cancel my booking
You can easily ammend or cancel any booking through our self-service tool located in the “Bookings” section of your account. For more details, see this how-to guide.
I want to change my language
To change the language in which you are making bookings, scroll down to the bottom of most pages to the footer. There you can choose the language, as well as the currency.