We just launched a new feature you might have already noticed within your agent profile on our Travel Agent Platform: destination specialization! You can now log in to your account and add any countries, regions, cities, and product types you may specialize in. This is a great way for us to better understand our community of #ViatorAgents and how we can best help you.
*Note: selecting destinations and travel interests will NOT limit your access to any products.
Why is this important?
We know there’s a big world out there, and that travel agents tend to specialize in specific destinations or regions to become experts in their craft. We also know that 100,000+ tours, activities, and experiences is a lot to sift through, so we want to make it easier for travel agents to narrow down their search and get tailored recommendations for relevant experiences.
As we evolve this platform, the agent specialization feature will help us understand what kind of products you’re looking for so we can add filter features for you later on. We’ll also be able to communicate more relevant information to you through our e-newsletters.
Let’s set it up!
Here’s a quick rundown of how to note your specializations in your agent profile:
1. Go to travelagents.viator.com and login
2. Once you’re logged in, you can go to the Manage Account tab
3. Here, you’ll see the prompt to enter your specialties
4. You can select from the popular destinations available, or type in a city, region, or country in the search bar and add them in
5. Next, you’ll select travel interests. You can select all or a few or none, totally up to you! The travel interests mirror our product categories if you’re curious about what they mean.
6. If you have clients that speak different languages, you can add that into your profile specialization too!
7. You can go back and edit these selections at any time by going back to the Manage Account tab